STAR HOTEL COMMITMENT TO RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING
This venue is committed to providing the highest standards of customer care and responsible gambling. Our Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct describes how we do this.
This venue has a duty to take all reasonable steps to prevent and minimise harm from the operation of gaming machines in this venue, including by monitoring the welfare of gaming machine players, discouraging intensive and prolonged gaming machine play and intervening when a person is displaying behaviour that is consistent with gambling harm.
Responsible gambling in a regulated environment is when consumers have informed choices and can exercise a rational and sensible choice based on their circumstances. It means a shared responsibility with collective action by the gambling industry, government, individuals, and communities.
Gambling may be a problem if you are:
- Spending more money and time on gambling than intended
- Hiding your gambling from other people
- Borrowing money to pay for living expenses e.g. phone bill, groceries, petrol
- Losing interest in other activities
- Finding work or your role as a parent is affected
- Lying about your gambling
- Not going to work or home as often
Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct
Other Useful Links
- Gamblers and their families or friends can find gambling support services and self-exclusion programs and the State Government’s problem gambling support website: www.responsiblegambling.vic.gov.auFor further information regarding responsible gambling and other initiatives, gamblers and their families or friends can access the Commonwealth Government’s website ‘ Money Smart’ www.moneysmart.gov.auFor immediate help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week contact Gambler’s Help on 1800 858 858Visit www.gamblinghelponline.org.au for live counselling, online support and self-help tools
Call the YourPlay Help Desk 1300 838 031, 10am–6pm (AEST) every day, including public holidays. www.yourplay.com.au
“YourPlay gives you the power to track how much money and time you are spending as you play. You can also use YourPlay to set limits on the money and time you spend on gaming machines and to see your playing history online at any time.
YourPlay can be added to your loyalty membership card and used on any gaming machine in Victoria. You can register for YourPlay at yourplay.com.au or ask a staff member for assistance in venue.”